Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Rediscovered

You know, I hated this when I made it. I hated it and I forgot about it. But I stumbled across it this morning, and I don't think I hate it anymore. I still don't like it, but I don't hate it.

This started as a pencil drawing. I'm unnaturally obsessed with the ever popular mid-century mod look, and this was my first real crack at putting my spin on it. I scanned the drawing and wanted to get nice clean bold color in it. But I need to figure out how to compensate for the jagged edges inherent to a scanned pencil drawing when filling color.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

I think it looks cool (not that you asked). The colors are striking.

Dude Can't Draw said...

Make no mistake, I'm not above fishing for compliments and validation.

I know I'm pretty hard on myself, but the one thing I do consider myself to be skilled in is color. So it's nice to hear that someone else agrees.

Elizabeth said...

Validation is so . . . validating. I understand how that is, especially with drawing. I never felt I was any good at it, and sometimes people will surprise me by complimenting my silly doodles. I'm glad you're able to take compliments.

I hope you keep at it.