Thursday, April 10, 2008

Artomat


Remember these? Outlawed in the 80s, cigarette dispensing machines used to be a common sight at every restaurant, convenience store, supermarket, etc.

Well, someone had the bright idea to rescue these stylish relics and repurpose them into something not only legal, but damned clever. Namely, dispensing small, cigarette-carton-sized pieces of art!

Head over to http://www.artomat.org/home.html, find a machine near you, and maybe even submit your own art and make a few $.

Meanwhile, I've got a new piece in the works that I hope to be posting soon.

3 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for letting us know, Dude.

How's it going at your house with all that water?

Dude Can't Draw said...

Things are going slower than one would wish, of course. But as these things go, I can't complain. Stuff's getting done and done right, steady progress is being made. I'm holding out hope that we'll be 100% done by the end of the week, but who knows.

Elizabeth said...

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you. I'm glad things are going well.