Monday, March 24, 2008

Water blogged

I haven't felt much like drawing or posting lately. For the last week we've been dealing with major water damage to our condo. We've had to have the entire first story floor pulled up, drywall cut out, and we've been living in our bedroom since last Saturday. It's not fun.

But that's no excuse to drop everything. I've haven't been entirely idle. There's not much inspiring in our bedroom, but I have occasionally pulled the sketch book out and done some exercises. This is a quick sketch of my wife in graphite. Similar to the style of my last post, but with an emphasis on speed. I'm working on getting basic gesture lines and shapes down quickly so I can get better at sketching live subjects. Getting better all the time, to coin a phrase.

1 comment:

Elizabeth said...

Oh Dude, I'm so sorry to hear of your water damage. I can relate, I had tons of problems with my condo too, and the HOA didn't do anything for me. I had to have all new pipes, holes in my walls/ceilings, carpet taken up and dried, paint, new tile, new shower, and more, not necessarily in that order. I lived in my bedroom, too. Everything was covered with a fine, white dust. It went on for three months. And that was only the first incident: the Flood of '06. I had two more small ones after that.

Anyway, the drawing of your wife is lovely. I hope you'll do more!