Monday, January 28, 2008

My Google Footprint

I use a visitor tracking site called "StatCounter" to keep track of the endless throngs of people who show up here. Among the info I get is how each visitor managed to navigate to the blog. Did you find my blogger profile? Did you click the link in my signature on a message board I post on? Did you go straight from a bookmark? Yes, I know who you are and where you've come from.

But my favorite entries in the log are always the ones that clicked through a Google search. It shows me exactly what they were searching for that brought up the blog, and which entry was brought up. These are the searches currently in the log:



How to draw nicer
Draw the statu [sic] of liberty
johnen vasquez
inspiration for a pool side story
Drawing from photographs a copyright infringement
vodie
draw like johnen
how to draw a pool side
draw good enough for college [my favorite so far]
drawing odd characters
step by step how to draw birthday things
types of line regarding drawing
draw paper birthday
how to draw like johnen
how to draw many dudes


My, I imagine that all of those people doing "how to draw" searches were pretty disappointed in their Google results. And at this rate, I'm going to attract the whole of the Jhonen Vasquez fan base. [here's where I admit spelling his name wrong...twice. Thank God for the edit button]

I wonder how much this post is going to throw Google off.

4 comments:

Jennie said...

Can you tell if people download your images? I wonder if the "vodie" searcher liked your pic.

Elizabeth said...

Those searches are a really interesting window into the searchers' minds.

Anonymous said...

Good post and this mail helped me alot in my college assignement. Gratefulness you for your information.

Anonymous said...

i very adore your posting way, very interesting,
don't give up as well as keep writing considering it simply very well worth to follow it,
excited to look at more of your own content articles, have a good day!